Monday, July 22, 2013

Let's Play Catch Up


Sweet friends & family,

Oh, how I miss y’all so much! Let’s play catch up.

I’m currently writing this from my apartment in Durham, North Carolina (Voted the “Tastiest Town In The South” by Southern Living, might I add)… North Carolina, people. I live here. What?! But, I’m pretty sure y’all knew that already… I mean, it’s been a little over two months since I left good ole’ Oklahoma. It still feels odd every time someone asks me where I live, or if I ever have to write down my current address. And I'll be honest with ya, I still do a little happy dance inside whenever I can navigate to different places in both the Durham and Chapel Hill areas without my trusted Siri girl... It's the little things : ) 

North Carolina is wonderful. The South has this sweet charm that is evident through its beautiful scenery, genuine smiles from strangers, cute sayings, and even more adorable accents. I’m falling in love little by little.

[First time I visited Fearrington - it was love at first site...]

Not only am I falling in love with the state, but my job has me falling a little harder than expected. To know Grace, is to love Grace. This experience, although it has only been a short amount of time, is one that is molding me in unexpected ways. Grace is a bundle of joy & giggles, Lara radiates God’s love to others through the simplest actions, Ari is a strong example of an active disciple for Christ, and together, their family is a beautiful picture of what it is to daily seek to live a life worthy of your calling.

Over the past ten weeks, there are have been these reoccurring themes that have challenged me in the greatest way -

Rejoicing in weakness //  2 Corinthians 12:9
Satisfaction in Christ alone // Psalm 16
Having a servants heart // Colossians 3:23
Being content in every season // Philippians 4:11-13

My hope is that through this blog, those I love will be able to partner with me on this journey, join me in prayer, and that just maybe, something I say here will be just what you needed.

There are no strict outlines or rules for this, it will be some random tidbits here & there of this change for me, both internal and external… but, most importantly, I want to share these things without fear. I created this blog, Rhythms of Grace, a little over two years ago. It has been sitting in cyberspace without any activity due to the little whispers in my head that have told me that I am incapable. But, this blog is just going to be me & my heart, and whatever it is that sparks it at the moment… and come on, let’s be honest, once I was hired as the new nanny for little Miss Grace, I had no choice but to get this thing a rollin’, am I right?

So, here’s to the next chapter of life, friends. May we be bold enough to take the first step when called out of our comfort zone… because sometimes, greater blessing has the opportunity to flow from the obedience of taking the greater risk.

My life is a life for your cause
My will laid aside for your call
And reserved all the depth Of my heart
Only for You.
I'm caught in the rhythms of grace
They overcome all of my ways
We align in each step that we take
To live for Your glory
// Rhythms Of Grace – Hillsong United


Let’s keep in touch, I’ve missed y'all : ) let me know if I can pray for you for anything… it would be my joy.

Love & miss,

Meredith

P.s. Monte arrives with her family this weekend : ) hip hip hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! This all makes my heart so happy! So excited to see how the Lord uses you & blesses you sweet friend! We miss you in the middle of the country but are thankful to see you building a beautiful life out east! Love you! Be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog dear, you´re doing a great job, God is good...
    kisses from Guatemala
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS